Autumn is the perfect time for automotive maintenance and repair.
- Follow the manufacturer’s service intervals in your owner’s manual.
- Carry emergency gear: boots, gloves, ice scraper, flares, a blanket, high-energy snacks, shovel, tire chains, flashlight, a few tools, and a cell phone.
- Replace your wiper blades and keep plenty of washer fluid in your vehicle.
- Replace worn tires with snow tires or all-season radials. Also, check the spare tire and the tire jack.
- Fix engine problems before the cold weather starts, such as rough idling, poor acceleration, or hard stops. You will get better gas mileage as well.
- Make sure the defroster and heater work well. Have the exhaust system examined for leaks.
- Have the battery, cables, radiator, hoses, and belts checked.
- The cooling system/radiator should be completely flushed and refilled. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant/antifreeze should be checked periodically.
- DO NOT remove the radiator cap until the engine is completely cooled.
Keep checking the Salerno Duane INFINITI blog for more information if you are near Denville, Clifton, Ramsey, or Summit, NJ.