Are you looking for an Easter or Passover event for you and your family to attend near Denville, NJ, this year? There are plenty of options where you are, and we’ve listed a few of them here for your convenience.
This year, Easter falls on Sunday, April 5. Easter usually is marked on the first Sunday following the first full moon after the Northern Spring Equinox. This Christian holiday celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after his crucifixion on Good Friday, with some noting the occasion over those three days. There are plenty of local Easter events near Denville, NJ, for you to check out, including the following:
- An Easter bunny breakfast will be held at the Imagine That!!! children’s museum in Florham Park, NJ, at 10 am on Saturday, March 21; Sunday, March 22; and Sunday, April 5. Children will get to meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs, enjoy a yummy breakfast, and receive an Easter basket.
- St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church of Denville, NJ, will hold Easter Sunday Mass at 7 am, 8:30 am, 10 am, and 11:30 am on April 5.
This year, Passover falls from Friday, April 3 through Saturday, April 11. This Jewish holiday celebrates the Israelites’ freedom from slavery in Egypt. Many Jewish families don’t work, drive, write, or use electronic devices on the first two and last two days of Passover. This holiday begins with a traditional Seder (on each of the first two nights) that follows a specific ritual, including eating matzah and specific bitter herbs, drinking four cups of grape juice or wine, and reciting the Haggadah, the story of the exodus from Egypt.
There are several local Passover events near Denville, NJ, including the following:
Adath Shalom Conservative Synagogue in Morris Plains, NJ
- Candle lighting on Friday, April 3 at 7:08 pm followed by an Erev Pesach–themed family service
- Fifty-minute Havdalahservice on Saturday, April 4 beginning at 8:17 pm and Saturday, April 11 at 8:24 pm
Temple B’nai Or in Morristown, NJ
- Shabbat Mishpacha family service on Friday, April 3 beginning at 7 pm with candles at 7:07 pm
- Yiskor service and festival on Friday, April 10 at 10 am with a Torah Shabbatservice at 7:30 pm
The key to finding the best Easter and Passover events near your home in Denville, NJ, is asking your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. If you have kids, check around for family-friendly events. If you’re looking for a religious event, check local places of worship. There are always plenty of quality events for those looking to spend time in the community—and Denville, NJ, is a great place to do just that. If you plan to travel outside Denville this year for Easter or Passover, be sure to get your vehicle checked at Salerno Duane INFINITI in Denville, your local New Jersey INFINITI car dealer. Our world-class service department has highly trained technicians equipped to handle all of your vehicle’s maintenance and service needs. Just give us a call at 973-453-9589 or schedule a service appointment online today.