We’re all trying to save money these days, so why not make it a bit easier on yourself by making your amazing INFINITI vehicle just a bit more fuel efficient? Here are five steps to increase your vehicle’s fuel efficiency today.
1. Keep your tires inflated to factory standards. One of the biggest drains on your fuel economy is the extra drag of underinflated tires. While it’s easy to forget, your tire inflation plays a huge role in how fuel efficient your vehicle is. Your tires are built with a certain width of tread designed to touch the road. When the outer edges of that strip begin to touch the road, the tire becomes much less efficient. It’s not only damaging to your vehicle’s efficiency but can be damaging to your tires as well.
2. Get regular oil changes. Getting regular oil changes in Denville at your local INFINITI dealer’s service department can seriously increase your vehicle’s fuel economy. While it may seem smarter to go longer between oil changes, the effects can mean you use more gas. When not working at its best, your engine uses more power and more fuel to run the same way. With frequent oil changes, your engine doesn’t have to work as hard.
3. Keep your battery terminals clean. When your vehicle’s battery isn’t producing as much energy as your vehicle needs, it uses more engine power and fuel than it needs to. You can prevent this by making sure your battery is working properly, starting with checking your battery terminals, where the cables clamp down on the battery. Corrosion can prevent the power from getting to the vehicle and that will seriously lower your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Get the terminals checked regularly as part of a vehicle inspection at Salerno Duane INFINITI and you’ll be good to go.
4. Replace your air filter regularly. We generally consider this an add-on to an oil change service until we realize how much it affects fuel efficiency. Your engine air filter allows your engine to breathe as much as it needs to and protects against dirt and debris. This will save your engine in the long run and operates properly in the short run.
5. Choose season-appropriate tires. There are all-season, winter, and summer tires for a reason. Each type is designed to work optimally in the appropriate setting. Most vehicles come standard with all-season tires, which are mediocre in both high heat and low temperatures. Thankfully, a simple replacement can ensure you’re getting the most out of your INFINITI vehicle in all weather conditions.
Summer tires are designed to contact the road as little as possible, helping you maintain traction while getting high fuel economy. Winter tires are designed to touch as much of the road as possible doing the same thing. All-season tires? They’re meant to be as efficient as possible in all weather conditions, which makes them decent no matter the weather. Make sure you head to your local NJ car dealer if you wish to rotate your tires seasonally.
You can get more information on increasing the fuel efficiency of your vehicle by talking to the professionals in the service department at Salerno Duane Infiniti. Just give us a call at 973-453-9591 to set up an appointment and we’ll be happy to talk to you about all of your pressing questions.