Spring is finally here, summer is right around the corner, and winter is behind us. These are clearly some good reasons to celebrate, given the harsh weather the East Coast suffered earlier this year.
So why not focus on more pleasant things, such as buying a new car at your local INFINITI dealer or fun activities and events you can partake in this Memorial Day. There are lots of great options near Denville, NJ, and this blog will cover several of them so you can get a clearer picture of those that appeal to you the most!
If you love a parade, like millions do, one of the annual Memorial Day Parades in the following cities is sure to delight you, your friends, and your family:
- Oakland’s annual Memorial Day parade is set to get rolling on Sunday, May 24 at 1 pm, so if you want to attend more than one parade this year, why not start things off with this one on Sunday? Proudly sponsored by the American Legion and the Borough of Oakland, the parade begins at Grove Street and Ramapo Valley Road. Following the parade, you can attend a ceremony at Veterans’ Park. Free refreshments will be served at the American Legion Post immediately following the parade.
- The Memorial Day events in Livingston, NJ, which is fewer than 15 minutes from Denville, begin at 9:30 am on Monday, May 25 with a service at the Oval to honor those who gave their lives defending our country. Then at 10 am, the parade will commence at South Livingston Avenue, ending at Congressional Way.
- The New Providence parade gets underway at 10 am on May 25, with the parade route starting at Springfield Avenue, moving on to Central Avenue, and finishing on Academy Street. New Providence is about 20 miles from Denville.
- Hackettsville is about a half-hour drive from Denville, and their annual Memorial Day parade will get underway at 9:30 Monday morning. The parade route begins near the Washington Street Post Office and winds up on Mountain Avenue at Union Cemetery.
- If you’re inclined to sleep in on Memorial Day, then the parade in Wyckoff may be just the ticket for you. It begins at 11:30 am at Wyckoff Avenue and Cornerstone Christian Church. As parade participants march out of the church parking lot, they’ll turn left on to Wyckoff Avenue and proceed to Main Street then to Franklin, ending up at the Ambulance Corps building just behind Town Hall.
All of these Memorial Day parade options are great, and most are less than a half-hour drive from Denville. You’ll also find plenty of great food and drinks available near any of these parades.
Honoring our veterans and their service is a great way to spend Memorial Day weekend, and the excitement of a parade is like the icing on the cake. Enjoy and have fun!