At Salerno Duane Infiniti, we not only enjoy keeping our customers happy in luxury vehicles, we also enjoy when our customers are happy outside of them. Although browsing our showroom of new and used INFINITI vehicles can be an eventful outing, nothing surpasses spending time with the people you care about, especially outside during those warm summer days.
There are a plethora of locations residents and visitors of Denville, NJ, can take advantage of to get out and relax during these upcoming summer months. Why not visit a place to take a summer picnic? Here are 5 of the top places to plan one.
- Cook’s Pond: Open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, Cook’s Pond is situated at 19 Entrance Way in Denville. Its 12-acre pond is the perfect spot for a family swim before setting up your picnic at one of the park’s picnic tables with grills at your fingertips.
Larger groups can pay a small fee to use the picnic pavilion. The swim area opens at 11 am and closes at dusk. Lifeguards are posted on shore for swimmers’ safety, and the water is tested weekly for bacteria and other microscopic hazards.
To learn more about this great spot for picnicking and swimming, call the Denville Recreation Office at 973-625-8300, extension 238.
- Stephens State Park: This state park is located less than a half-hour’s drive from Denville at 800 Willow Grove Street in Hackettstown. There are picnic sites with charcoal grills scattered along the rocky walking path beside the Musconetcong River. Restroom facilities are located near most of the sites as well.
Fly fishers flock to the scenic river that’s stocked each spring with rainbow, brook, and brown trout. If you’re an angler, make sure your fishing license is current before dropping a line.
All picnickers must remember that because Stephens is a New Jersey State Park, alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Tomahawk Lake: Just a short 20-minute jaunt from downtown Denville, this picnic spot at 155 TomahawkTrail in Spartaalso features a water park for the active set and plenty of other activities to keep families busy all day long. But if you just want to relax with your loved ones, bring your picnic hamper to one of their picnic tables under a shady grove and enjoy gazing out at the white sandy beach stretching out to a clear lake.
- Passaic River County Park: This picturesque spot fewer than 20 miles from Denville at 2047 Valley Road in Chatham Township has 769 acres on which to romp, including many fine picnic sites. The park is part of an ongoing effort to halt encroachment and development along the Passaic River. Work up an appetite along the hiking trails prior to diving into your picnic fixings or cast a line and grill the catch of the day.
- Hedden County Park: This park is just a few short miles from Denville at 124 Reservoir Avenue in Randolph. Get the gang together for an afternoon of picnicking and hiking on its 380 acres. Enter from the Concord Road section to get to the hiking and picnic areas. Hikers love the view of Indian Falls, and anglers are sure to enjoy casting their lines into the Wallace and Jackson brooks.
New Jersey has lots to offer beside its seashores and INFINITI dealerships, so plan a day of old-fashioned fun picnicking with family and friends at some scenic spots in and around Denville this summer.