There are some wonderful natural treasures near Morristown, NJ, including Morristown National Historical Park. There, you can step back in time and really learn about the area’s history.
When asked, “What makes Morristown National Historical Park special?” Eric P. Olsen, Park Ranger & Historian of Morristown National Historical Park stated, “the park is a place where you can relax, recreate and discover a piece of America’s past.”
If you’re already planning a visit to Morristown National Historical Park or are considering scheduling one, here are a few things to contemplate before you go.
• Consider the cost of visiting the park. The entrance fee is $4 each for individuals aged 16 and older, and payment must be made by cash or check. This ticket is valid for seven days after purchase and includes Ford Mansion and Washington’s Headquarters Museum. An annual pass costs $15 (also requiring payment by cash or check) and is valid at Morristown National Historical Park for 12 months. This pass grants entrance to the park for the holder and three adults, and it also includes Washington’s Headquarters Museum and Ford Mansion. There also are several attractions with free admission, including Jockey Hollow, Cross Estate Gardens, New Jersey Brigade, and Fort Nonsense.
• Think about which attractions you’d like to see. Each attraction has its own hours of operation as well as tour times, including the following:
- Ford Mansion and Washington’s Headquarters Museum: These attractions, at 30 Washington Place in Morristown, NJ, are open Wednesday through Sunday from 9:30 am until 5 pm.
- New Jersey Brigade and Cross Estate Gardens Area and Fort Nonsense Area: These attractions have seasonal hours, so check the Morristown National Historical Park website for more information. The brigade and gardens are located at 61 Jockey Hollow Road in Bernardsville, NJ, and Fort Nonsense is located at 16 Chestnut Street in Morristown, NJ.
- Jockey Hollow and Wick House: The Jockey Hollow Visitor Center is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9:30 am until 5 pm. Wick House is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9:30 am to 12 pm and from 1:30 until 4:30 pm. These attractions can be found at 580 Tempe Wick Road in Morristown, NJ.
• Consider whether you’ll need a permit, reservation, or plan for your pet. If you want to take photos, film for a commercial venture, or host a special activity, you’ll need to get a special permit so you’re not asked to leave the park. You can apply online, but it will cost $75. Dogs are allowed in the park, but you’ll need to follow typical dog park rules, including keeping your dog on a leash, appropriately disposing of all pet waste, maintaining control of your dog at all times, and properly taking care of your pet. Be sure to bring water and waste bags and also plan for the current weather conditions. Before you head out for your trip to Morristown National Historical Park, be sure your vehicle is in great condition by having the professional service team at Salerno Duane INFINITI in Denville, NJ, check it out. We have a highly trained staff of technicians who are fully equipped to take care of all of your automotive needs, from regular maintenance to major service and repairs. Schedule your service online now!