Preparing your INFINITI for winter driving is a bit like preparing for a winter snow storm in your home. Not only do you want to make sure that you have all of the emergency supplies prepared, but you make sure all of your necessary systems are properly functioning. You’d check the generator, heating system, windows, locks, fireplace, and be sure to be stocked with non-perishable foods and firewood.
Prepare an emergency kit in your vehicle. It’s a good idea to have an emergency kit in your vehicle at all times, but it’s especially important in winter. You should keep several things in your kit including jumper cables, a tire pump with a compressor, flashlight with batteries (keep them separated until you need it to prolong the battery life), a first aid kit, a safety triangle, an LED light source, flares and matches, “HELP” sign, bottled water & protein bars, blankets, a snow brush with an ice scraper, extra washer fluid, gloves, and basic tools. Keep all of these items in a water-proof kit and you’ll be good to go even if you have to get out of the car to get the kit.
Get your vehicle checked by a professional before it’s too late. All too commonly, people wait until an important part in their vehicle is broken before they will come in to the service department at Salerno Duane Infiniti. While this is completely understandable, it’s highly possible that the necessary repair can be avoided if you just take a few precautions.
Get your vehicle thoroughly inspected as soon as possible if you haven’t done so very recently. You’ll want to get several things checked, including the following:
- You’ll want to get your car battery, brakes, tires checked for functionality and current state of repair.
- Make sure your vehicle can handle winter by checking the anti-freeze level and functionality of the thermostat, heater, and defroster.
- Check all of your lights yourself including the head lights, brake lights, high beams, fog lights, turn indicators, and hazard lights.
- Make sure your windshield wiper system is fully functioning including washer fluid levels, wiper blades, and functionality of the actual windshield wiper system. Switch the wiper fluid to winter fluid if you can to avoid freezing.
- Get a tune-up including an oil change, transmission fluid check, brake fluid check, and get a thorough inspection.
Denville winters are tough, and they’re even worse in the suburbs of Rockaway Township and Parsippany-Troy Hills where buildings are a little more spread out and help might be further away in the event of an emergency. So get prepared now!
When you’re ready to get your vehicle checked out for its winter driving suitability, call the service department at Salerno Duane INFINITI or go online and schedule a service appointment. Our team of highly trained service technicians is happy to help you in any way we can, especially when it comes to keeping you and your passengers safe this winter.